Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things











1. I was a DJ and an aerobics instructor in college-both are jobs I wish I would have kept up with.

2. I lived in Iran for 4 years, and barely speak a lick of Farsi-another thing I wish I would have kept up with.

3. I am a middle child, and I live right up to the billing. I am terribly close to my entire family-probably to a fault.

4. I love salt; and I have very low blood pressure so I don't plan on giving it up

5. I love exercising but I find as I get older, it is less and less effective for keeping off the extra 10-20 pounds I have been going to lose since I can remember.

6. I wish I could have had more kids. We stopped at 2.

7. I have only lost one person who I was close to-my grandma (nanny); and I miss her. I also lost my first dog, Casey. That was another very painful loss. However, reading Mindi's note makes me feel very lucky that my list is so small.

8. I love to cook; and hate to bake. I mostly hate anything that requires being artistic. I also cannot stand scrapbooking and crafts of any kind.

9. I hated being pregnant, but love being a mommy

10. I have been married for 16 years. Most of them were good-like Mindi, we were best friends until the kids came. Then my husband turned into his father; and I became a housewife and mother with a job. I ran out of time and room for him in my heart and it drove us apart. Though we have moved past those dark days, I will never forget the pain of my marriage falling apart.

11. I wish I lived in a small town. I wish I knew my neighbors and I wish the world I live in would slow down. I get so tired!

12. I love to ski. I used to like golfing but just as I started to learn, I entered the "child bearing years" where your interests just seem to take a back seat to everyone and everything. I love playing sports and being active. I probably will again someday. I think I would have been a good athlete if I had stuck with it as a kid.

13. I love to be barefoot; and wear no make up (I didn't even start wearing it until I was 35). I hate paperwork and planning. I am rarely on time. Shy people make me nervous.

14. I love drinking wine...red mostly but there are some whites out there I like too

15. Hawaii is one of my favorite vacation spots ever. Napa is a close second. I have always wanted to go on a cruise.

16. I love sleeping in the rain, cuddling with my little boys, ghost stories, playing cards, a good argument/debate, walking my dog, sending and getting Christmas cards, happy endings, the Onion, people who make me laugh, getting my nails done, reconnecting with old friends and family(thank you facebook!)and the endless sunshine of summertime.

17. I hate pop of any kind, I also do not like glazed donuts, doritos, olives, dark meat-which includes wings, chinese food, cajun food, tapioca, nuts, curry, lamb and ethiopian food.

18. I am the commissioner of my fantasy football league, and I love it! It has been a ton of fun. I love watching football. I just love watching sports. I love March madness too. Guys have figured out something we women have not. You can rattle on endlessly about sporting events and totally bond without ever going into mushy stuff or feelings. It's very liberating. They are on to something. Either that or it's my way of rationalizing "can't beat'em, join'em"

19. I have been published

20. I am addicted to my Ipod

21. I have a lot of very good friends-that I miss a great deal. I miss having girlfriends in my life. It is probably a combination of kids, work, life's paths. We are all so busy-including myself. But my heart still aches for a good girlfriend's company once in a while.

22. I like to read-I have never been like my mom, sis and brother when it comes to reading but I like a good book once in a while. It seems if I have time to actually read and be left alone, I prefer to just sleep-or screw around on facebook or my Ipod. But I do love a good read.

23. My worst fear is to outlive my children.

24. My favorite Bible verse is 1 Cornithians 13:1And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. My faith has been knocked many times, my hopes have been dashed, but it has never changed the way I love and the way I am loved. I don't go to church enough, but I am a good Christian, and I love God. I am very thankful for Him, and all the blessings He has bestowed on me. I thank Him daily for the miracles I call Tyler and Jackson.

25. I will be 39 in a couple of months. I am trying to deal with the fact that even though I remember being young, it is still pretty far behind me. I do believe the best is yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow we are different like you said but still have a ton in common. I love pop so much that even though I gave it up for a year, I went back because I missed it too much. I am drinking a Diet Pepsi right no! It's fun to learn new things about your friends. Melissa

    ReplyDelete